Image Map

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DIY: felt bookmark

bm1
Step 1: Gather your supplies: felt, scissors, thread and a needle.

bm2
Step 2: Cut out two identical hearts from the felt. Make sure the tip of the heart is a 90 degree angle so it will fit around the page corner.

bm3
Step 3: Choose your thread color and cut a piece. 

bm4
Step 4: Thread your needle. I double the thread for my bookmark.

bm5
Step 5: Only make stitches on the straight edges of the heart. Start at one side of the heart and stitch around to the other side. 

bm6
Step 6: Cut thread and tie knots. 

bm7
Then all you have to do is place the bookmark on the corner of the page you need to mark.

bm8

5 comments:

  1. this is really cute mandy! i always am looking for a bookmark and end up using a scrap of paper or bobby pin:) i want to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah, this is too freakin cute!! Can I repost on BL, oh please please please!! My readers will go nuts. U need to be a felt DIY queen with all this crafting you are doing lately darlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Idea!! I am going to make this with my Daisy Troop!! super neat and easy for their little hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect idea for a Christmas gift! Our family is doing a cheap Chrastmas and luckily I have all the supplies!

    ReplyDelete