Image Map

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

spazagna aka baked spaghetti

This is one of our favorite meals. I can make this on, let's say, a Monday and it can last the hubs and I 4 or 5 days if we just eat it for dinner. I usually have leftovers for lunch as well. I would almost dare say I like this better as leftovers than when it's first baked! I highly recommend that everyone try this recipe! I want to explain the name a little bit as well. Since this recipe is very similar to lasagna but you use spaghetti noodles we combined the two and made spazagna! Pretty clever if I do say so myself :)


Baked Spaghetti (Spazagna)

  • 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
  • 1 pound ground beef (optional)
  • 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 5 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 cups ricotta cheese
  • 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook spaghetti according to package. Drain and set aside. If using beef then brown and drain and combine with spaghetti sauce. Whisk the eggs, parmesan cheese and butter then toss with spaghetti. Grease your 13x9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray then spread a small amount of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish. Add about half of the spaghetti noodles to the dish and then spread half of the ricotta on top of the noodles. Next add about half of the sauce on top of that then add 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers then bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes covered then uncover and bake for 20-25 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. ha! I've never heard about baked spaghetti! Sounds really delicious! I'll definitely try this recipe!
    xxx,
    Lily
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete