Image Map

Friday, August 5, 2011

Friendly Friday: US!

Today's Friendly Friday post will be about Fletcher and I. I have sent out a ton of emails for future Friendly Friday interviews but while we wait for those replies we will be filling in! Hope you don't mind!
 Fletcher says...
Mandy - What instruments can you play?
Fletcher - What instruments can't I play? Okay, for real though, I mainly play bass and guitar. But, at the moment, I'm trying to learn the dobro and fiddle. I would also like to learn banjo, mandolin and drums. I also played trumpet in high school. Honestly though I think I could teach myself any instrument that I had enough time to work on. I'm very ambitious. 

M- What would be your dream vacation?
F - Nowhere specific I guess. Just any of those places that look like tropical heavens. As long as I'm there with you it really doesn't matter to me.

(He is the sweetest ever.)

M - What is your favorite movie?
F - Oh my gosh! Why would you do that to me?! I can't pick one. Can I do a tie? Okay, it's a big tie between Phantom of the Opera, Nightmare Before Christmas, 28 Days Later, American Psycho,  Trick 'R Treat, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs and Rango. I also like the Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St. series but I can't pick a specific one out of each. I also really like westerns in general but I don't have a specific one there either. Sorry about the big long list. 

M - Haha! I should have known that was going to happen. Okay, if you could live in any era what would it be?
F - Probably the early 1900's. Times may have been harder but they were also simpler and I like that.

M - Any words of wisdom?
F - I honestly believe that having faith and trusting in God and knowing the scriptures is the best thing that anybody can do in their life. That may seem like a very dated idea in our society but I've found that it brings more truth to my life and peace to my soul than anything else. 

Mandy says...
F - Well babe I almost don't know what to ask you because I know everything about you. Okay, I'll start you off with a couple of your own questions. Where would your dream vacation be?
M - Hmm...I think my dream vacation would be either to visit Paris and see all the wonderful sites like the Eiffel Tower and eat at all the amazing restaurants or to take an entire month and travel around Ireland and just take in the beautiful scenery.

F - Okay goofball, now you tell me what your favorite movie is.
M - Dang it! Well, I'm going to say Water for Elephants because it is the only movie I've ever paid to see in theaters twice and I would have gone again but SOMEONE wouldn't go with me another time.

F - Yeah, but you won't finish the book though. Haha! Alright babydoll, what are your favorite activities?
M - Well, I like to bake, take pictures, do makeup, sometimes I like to have craft time. Currently, I'm obsessed with painting my nails and I've been working on some new crafty ideas. 

F - I have to say that you pretty much amaze me. Alright sweetheart, why do you blog?
M - I blog because I think it is fun and I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I get finished writing a post and when I get comments from people I've never met. 

F - Still amazed...well darlin',  that leaves us with words of wisdom.
I have a pretty simple motto...stay positive. No matter what the situation it could always be worse and there is always a silver lining on every dark cloud. So, I guess what I'm saying is always keep your chin up and keep pushing forward even when times get rough because with a positive outlook anything is possible. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, he's pretty cheesy, but I love him. He makes me smile. I hope you liked our silly little interviews. It was pretty fun. Maybe I'll make him come back and do some more posts in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved it all? Enjoyed both of your answers and think both words of wisdom answers are great. Trusting God and having faith in him at all times is so important and it goes right along with staying positive at all times even on the seemingly worst days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was suppose to be an !! not a ?, but since I put a ? I could have been saying that the interview idea is a great :)

    ReplyDelete