Image Map

Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's that time again...

Guess what!!! It's time for Whipped again! I am so exciting to be able to participate in this and to work with the lovely Leti of Becoming Lola again. We are also working on a little something else but that's a secret for now. You are all going to love it though!

Anyway, let's get back to Whipped. It's week 1 and the secret ingredient list had some pretty good choices on it. 
Here they are:
sprigs of asparagus
apple sauce
self-raising flour
porridge oats
greek yogurt

I chose apple sauce. I wanted to be ambitious and use greek yogurt as well but that didn't quite work out. This week was rather hectic so I didn't have time to research as much as I wanted to for recipes. So, since I was in a time crunch I opted to find a simple recipe that included a cake mix. I love using cake mixes and adding a little something special to them. I found this recipe on the Duncan Hines website. 


Old Fashioned Applesauce Spice Cake

1 pkg spice cake mix
3 large eggs
1 1/4 c apple sauce
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 c chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Spray cake pan and set aside.
Combine cake mix, eggs, apple sauce and oil in large bowl. Stir until well combined. If using nuts then mix in now. Pour into cake pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool thoroughly.

For the frosting I used a pre-made cream cheese frosting and mixed in 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I would have much rather made this icing but like I said it just wasn't in the cards this week.

Check out Whipped and join us! It's so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment