I found this recipe a couple of years ago and it is amazing! One of the few that I've added to my personal recipe collection. You can substitute the strawberries for any other fruit you would like. I have tried peaches and it's so yummy!
Fruit pie (tart)
adapted from here.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3 cups sliced fresh fruit
- about 1/4 cup sugar if using strawberries (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over the bottom and up the sides of the crust.
- Dice fruit of choice and if using strawberries you can use 1/4 cup of sugar to sprinkle over the strawberries and toss to make a glaze. If using other fruit just dice and spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Chill for up to 4 hours then serve.
- *Best served same day as prepared.
For graham cracker crust
1 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers
1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. butter, melted
Crush graham crackers, combine with sugar and melted butter and press into 9 inch pie pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool then add filling for pie.