Image Map

Thursday, June 16, 2011

the best peanut butter cookies ever

Okay, so here's the deal, these really are the best peanut butter cookies ever! I have had many a peanut butter cookie in my life because they are not only my Dad's favorite but my husband's as well. My wonderful Dad has been doing a ton of work on our house since we bought it. Updating things, fixing things and adding things. This week he's been here every day working on something, putting up fence, working on leveling the floor and hooking up water to our fridge. I decided that since it's almost Father's day and he's done such an amazing job that I would make him some of his favorite cookies. I was searching online for a recipe when I realized that I was forgetting that my Mother-in-law is the cookie queen! So, I called her up and got this recipe and everyone that has tried them has absolutely loved them.

Peanut Butter Cookies
courtesy of "The Cookie Queen" aka my Mother-in-law

You'll need:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. flour, sifted
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Then add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Mix dry ingredients together then add to beaten mixture. Once well combined, roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar, place on parchment lined cookie sheet and press with a fork to make criss-crossing fork marks. Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. 



 Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment