Image Map

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

this past week

The other day at Wal-Mart I heard some familiar sounds. I turned around a saw two tv's playing two of my favorite childhood cartoons. One tv was playing Beauty and the Beast and the other was playing The Berenstien Bears Christmas! 

On Thanksgiving day after we ate lunch with Fletcher's Mom we proceeded to get our plan together for  our Black Friday shopping trip. We literally planned all day. It was worth it.

While Fletcher's Mom and I planned he lounged around with Tilly.

We left their house at 9:15 and headed to the tiny Wal-Mart in the town that our parent's live in and we were out of there by 10:15 (no one knew they were checking people out in electronics so we got back there and out super quick) then we headed straight to Joplin, MO. It's about 50 miles from where we were and we decided it would probably be our best bet for our shopping trip. Once we got there we first drove by Target, Kohl's and Best Buy, all of which had crazy long lines so we hit up the mall first and went to Macy's. We started there at midnight and left Joplin at about 4 a.m. We ended up going to Macy's, Bath & Body Works, Target, Kohl's (where I stood in line for 2 hours!!), Best Buy (Fletcher was in there for an hour and a half in line), Macy's again and then we headed home. 

Here's my haul! A couple of those things are gifts but most of it came home with us.

Yes, I got the new Zelda with the cool gold wii remote. It's pretty awesome so far!

This week the weather has decided to get super cold. I'm perfectly okay with that. It gives me an excuse to cuddle up with a warm blanket and some hot tea or coffee.

We brought our Christmas tree home but didn't get to put it up yet. (See yesterday's post)

We bought a new white tree! It only took us about an hour to figure out why some of the lights didn't work but we fixed it!

    
Here is a little sneak peek at some of our other lovely Christmas decorations.


Our nightly rituals.
I was so excited this was on today! It's one of my absolute favorite Christmas cartoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment