Image Map

Sunday, December 12, 2010

hot chocolate

I just made hot chocolate...and burned my tongue. Not a good combination. I guess I got a little too excited about it and I couldn't wait for it to cool off. Sad day...but I do know that this is the best hot chocolate that the hubs and I have tried so far! I got the recipe from Joy the Baker. Every recipe that I've tried of hers is amazing! She is the best! 



Delicious Hot Chocolate
from Joy the Baker
makes one large or two small portions
1 1/2 cups milk (any fat content you fancy)
3 heaping tablespoon bittersweet chocolate chips
2 heaping tablespoons white chocolate chips
In a small saucepan, gently heat milk over low heat.  Whisk often so the milk doesn’t burn.
While the milk is heating, bring a medium saucepan with two inches of water to a boil.  Place a heat-proof bowl with chocolate pieces over the simmering water.  Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the simmering water.  You’re creating a double boiler.  Cool, right?  Stir the chocolate pieces until melted.
Add the melted chocolate to the hot milk.  Whisk together until completely blended and super delicious looking.  Pour into mugs and top with marshmallows or slightly sweetened whipped cream.
Be careful and don't burn your tongue like I did. :)
Stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment