Image Map

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 recap

As I was going back through the photos from this past year I realized it was a pretty dang good year! It was kind of hard to pick 1 or 2 pictures for each month but I think what I ended up with is perfect. 

January: I played with my new Canon a lot this month. I taught myself a few things photography wise. We also were living in the last apartment we will (hopefully) live in. 

February: We bought our first house!!!! We also had a crazy snow storm!

March: Spring arrived! We worked on our house a lot and were getting settled into our new home. 

April: Went to a Tulsa Drillers game with my photography class. It was a lot of fun. It was also the first time I had ever been to a professional baseball game. 

May: I got to take my little brother's senior prom pictures. This was really special to me. It was a lot of fun getting to practice my photography and get to hang out with my little brother and my little sister too!

May: We visited my big brother in Corpus Christi and I got to see the Ocean for the first time in my life (that I can remember). It was amazing! We had a wonderful drive down there. We stopped to visit my other brother on the way and had a lot of fun having a road trip with my parents. I can't wait to go again this year!

June: This month was fairly quiet. We spent lots of time just hanging out and spending lots of time outside. The Hay Day festival in our little town was a lot of fun too.

July: I got my bake on! A lot! I am loving having a big kitchen again.

August: Hot hot hot!! We went on a float trip in Missouri. Float trips are so much fun. We camped in my parent's Winnebago. That's the only kind of camping you'll ever see me do. Tents are not my friend.  I learned that at Cornerstone in 2009.

September: We celebrated 3 years of marriage and 7 years of being together. This guy is my favorite. 

September: Meet Keilana Mae, our beautiful little niece. She was born this month. She's precious.

October: I got to watch one of my best friends get married. I am so glad that I got to be a part of her special day.

November: I got to watch my other best friend get married. Again, being a part of her special day is one of the most special moments in my life. 


December: This past month was so great. We got to celebrate one of our favorite holidays and spend lots of time with friends and family. We also made some new traditions like our Advent Calendar and Christmas day photoshoots!

2011 was a wonderful year for me. I can't wait to see was 2012 has in store. 
How was your 2011?

1 comment:

  1. loved this recap! it was fun to get a peek at your life this way, as a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete