Image Map

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day weekend



Mother's Day weekend was wonderful. We got to spend some great quality time with our Momma's and we got to go see The Great Gatsby!

Saturday I spend the day with my parents. I took my Mom out for lunch because it was her birthday. We went to one of our favorite steak houses in Arkansas then we did a little grocery shopping so we could make her birthday cake. This year she requested this cake but with rum. So, we experimented and added a little rum to the batter and made a rum glaze to go under the icing. It was absolutely delicious! I do prefer the original recipe but it wasn't my day. My Mom absolutely loved it. 

On Sunday we had lunch with Fletcher's Mom, his aunt and his Grandpa. Then we took his Mom to see The Great Gatsby. We have been dying to see it and it was amazing! I absolutely adored it. I would love to go see it again and I will most definitely be buying it when it comes out on Blu-Ray. I had to read The Great Gatsby in high school and I loved it. It's my favorite book. I loved the way they incorporated new music into the movie. Gah! I cannot say enough about the film! Loved it! Everyone needs to go see it!

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment